The EK series is a tongue (or key) operated safety interlock switch designed to fit at the leading edge of sliding, hinged or lift-off guards. With its dual entry slots and rotatable head, the versatile EK series can offer up to eight different actuator entry options. Operation of the switch is achieved through the insertion of a specially profiled stainless steel key that is permanently mounted to the guard door.
Available with one N.C. safety contact and one N.O. auxiliary contact or two N.C. contacts, the EK series is sealed to IP67 and has various conduit entries. A blanking plug is supplied for the unused key entry. Available accessories include a 90° actuator.
- Fits on 25mm tubing, ideal for small, light weight guards
- Contacts: Slow action 1N.C. /1N.O; 2N.C.; snap action 1N.C./1N.O.
- Positive opening mechanism
- Double-insulation structure
- Eight possible actuator entry points, easy to install
- 90° and straight key
- IP65 enclosure rating
- Robust stainless steel keys